Personal Information & Data Protection
1. Unibet may collect and process the personal information of the Account Holder for the following purposes:
- a. the provision of its gaming and betting services;
- b. legal reasons;
- c. regulatory reasons;
- d. identification and/or authentication; and
- e. marketing purposes, based on the opt-in principle.
2. Unibet adheres to the Data Protection (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law 2001 and others relevant regulations, legal notices and/or similar instruments in force at the Place of the Contract, taking account of the Data Protection Directive (EC Directive 95/46/EC) and the Electronic Communications Privacy Directive (EC Directive/2002/58/EC as amended by Directive 2009/136/EC).
3. Unibet has adopted best practices when it comes to the principles of email communication with Account Holders.
4. All the aforementioned is in place in order to assure Account Holders that at all times personal data is:
- a. processed in accordance with the rights of the Account Holder concerned;
- b. processed fairly and lawfully;
- c. obtained only for a specific and lawful purpose;
- d. adequate, relevant and not excessive to its purpose;
- e. accurate and updated;
- f. kept in a secure manner;
- g. not kept longer than is necessary for its purpose;
- h. not transferred to jurisdictions not adhering to the aforementioned Directives; and
- i. utilised for marketing purposes based on the opt-in principle.
5. Unibet will disclose any of its Account Holders’ personal data and any other information and/or records relating to the Account Holder when ordered to do so by any Governing Authority and/or under any legal provision contained in the Governing Law.
6. Unibet will instruct and authorise the Financial Institution with which an Account Holder's account is held to disclose any information as may be requested by the Regulator in respect of an Account Holder's account.
7. For fraud detection and control purposes, the Account Holder agrees that Unibet has the right to transfer their personal data to third parties, including but not limited to so-called Address Verification System service providers, Payment Service Providers and Financial Institutions. Furthermore, Unibet reserves the right to disclose the Account Holder’s personal data to relevant parties where Unibet has reasonable grounds to suspect irregularities involving a Unibet Account.
8. Unibet will keep the Account Holder’s personal data and all the financial transaction details for a minimum period of ten years after the closure of their Unibet Account. Unibet will delete the Account Holder’s personal data if no transaction has ever been registered on the Account Holder’s account.
9. Calls may be recorded and used for training purposes. Content can be disclosed when ordered to do so by any Governing Authority and/or under any legal provision contained in the Governing Law. Calls and electronic communications are stored for one year and then deleted from the system.
10. Any and all materials submitted for Prize claims become the property of Unibet and will not be returned.
11. Unibet reserves the right to process the Account Holder’s personal data for Customer Relationship Management (CRM) purposes. Only Account Holders who have opted in will receive advertising material.
12. The Account Holder’s personal data shall be accessible to Unibet employees within Unibet Group. Unibet shall only disclose the Account Holder’s personal data to third parties other than the Regulator or Government Authorities solely on an opt-in basis or when required to do so by law. The Account Holder has the right to require access to their own personal data and/or has the right to correct and/or erase incorrect and/or inappropriate data.
13. Queries regarding data privacy can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. Cookies, tags and other identifiers ("cookies")
- a. to identify the Account Holder's preferred language, so it can be automatically selected when the Account Holder returns to the Website;
- b. to ensure that bets placed by the Account Holder are associated with the Account Holder's betting coupon and Account;
- c. to ensure that the Account Holder receives any bonuses for which they are eligible, and
- d. for analysis of the Website traffic, so as to allow Unibet to make suitable improvements.
Security & Encryption
After logging in all information sent to and from the Unibet site is encrypted using 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. The SSL certificate used is issued and verified by Trustwave, click on the image for more information.
Your credit card details are encrypted and sent only once over the Internet to Unibet. It is then stored encrypted in Unibet's secure systems. Unibet is dedicated to protecting our customers confidential information and, as part of doing so, Unibet is certified towards the Payment Card Industries Data Security Standard.
The security of Unibet’s systems and applications are tested several times per year by third-party security experts. Furthermore Unibet has an Intrusion Detection System that monitors all network traffic 24/7 for signs of attacks or intrusions.
Unibet has a dedicated fraud department and advanced systems in place to detect and prevent suspicious activity, to ensure that Unibet’s website remains a secure playing-field. Any account involved in suspicious activity will be suspended and investigated to the fullest extent. Should you as user have any doubts about the activity on your account, such as unrecognized transactions in the transaction history or surprising changes in the balance, please contact us immediately.
Casino & Games
To ensure honesty, our Games work with a Random Number Generator (RNG) which, as the name suggests, randomly generates numbers. This guarantees that there is no manipulation whatsoever, not by the company and not by the customer. We do this out of respect to our customers and to comply with strong international standards.
This RNG is independently tested and approved by Technical Systems Testing, which is a certified company registered in Canada.
Our first priority is to provide an honest poker room and we believe strongly in a policy of fair play . Cards are shuffled and dealt without any human involvement by an independently-audited ‘Random Number Generator’ (RNG). Our providers’ systems are monitored frequently by independent player protection and standards organisations that provide an international framework for best operational practice requirements.
Many problems experienced by land-based casinos and card rooms are not feasible online. It is impossible to mark the cards, peek at the hole cards, stack the deck or put a cold deck on the table.
However, sometimes people do try to beat the system through cheating. Collusion, which is to share information and to play hands in order to help each other win, is not new to the world of poker and has been known to occur online. Of course, no form of cheating or fraudulent activity is tolerated by Unibet, and play is monitored by a range of manual and automated tools so that our players can be confident they are playing in a safe, fair environment.