How to bet on Sports
If you’re just starting out as an online sports bettor, it can be a little overwhelming. Asian Handicaps, long-term betting, accumulators, 1X2 bets – it can feel like you’re learning a completely new language. These betting guides serve as an introduction to sports betting so you can make an informed choice, if you wish to learn how to bet.
Simply put, betting (or wagering as it’s sometimes known) is the action of placing money on the outcome of a race, game, or other unpredictable event. What you decide to bet on can take on many forms; it could be the total goals scored during a basketball Game, the winner of a horse race, live betting on Formula 1 or outcomes such as the number of fouls during a football match. If you predict the correct outcome, you win.
These days, the majority of people bet online via betting sites with most platforms also supporting mobile devices and tablets. Our online betting guides introduce you to the world of online betting which has never been more convenient and accessible.
Online Betting – Getting Started
- Sign up with your favourite online betting site.
- Select the Sports Betting page and choose your desired sporting event. Ideally, you’ll have a fair amount of knowledge regarding the sport you’re betting on and any teams or players taking part in the event.
- Take your time to review the available bets and odds before placing your bet
- Select your bet and choose how much you wish to wager on your chosen sporting event
- Hit ‘Place Bet’, it really as simple as that. Oh, and don’t forget to keep your fingers crossed!
Unibet hosts a wide range of sporting events, including:
- Horse Racing
- Motor Sports
- American Football
- Australian Rules Football
The Unibet platform also enables players the opportunity to bet pre-match (to bet before the start of an event) and to place bets during a sporting event, known as live betting. Not only this, but also with the most up-to-date and competitive odds.
If you’re new to online betting, sports betting can take a bit of time to get the hang of. The purpose of these guides is to provide inexperienced players with a clear and concise introduction to the world of sports betting. Unibet hosts sections on betting terms, betting tips and how to place a bet on the major sports, guiding you every step of the way.
Welcome to the world of online sports betting, and remember - you’re always in safe hands with Unibet.